Sunday, January 30, 2022

About Me

Hello all, my name is the Game Master. I am a gamer at heart that likes to spend most of my free time playing games. My preference is more competitive, team reliant games, but I enjoy all genres of games. Although I used to fit the stereotype for a gamer - an introverted, socially inept, and lazy person - through personal experiences and self-reflection, I found some perks to being a gamer.

 

The Goal: I decided to pursue this blog after realizing the negative connotations associated with gaming and being a gamer, and the potential perks someone gains from them. By playing games, without even knowing it, people start to gain small but effective skills that can be applied outside of the gaming realm. With a push in the right direction, these skills can be learned and amplified in a corporate environment.

 

The Name: I chose the pen name “Game Master” as it is a widely used term in the realm of games. For those who are unaware, in games such as Dungeons and Dragons, the Game Master is the person who facilitates the story and guides the story. Although I will not be guiding anyone’s “story” with this blog, I will hopefully give you insight and inspiration to help guide you to applying your hidden talents gained from gaming.

 

Surprisingly enough, there are a lot more redeeming qualities to playing games than you would expect. Having a passion for video games does not mean you can pursue one field, like video game development. There are many benefits to playing games that can positively impact you in any field in the workforce. Gamer or not, I hope you enjoy my content and take the opportunity to gain more insight to the benefits of gaming.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Best of Gaming Gurus

To recap all of my favorite blog posts, I compiled a list of the best posts from my blog into one consumable post. Each post falls under the...